1. We are hoping to stage two Marathon races over the powerboat weekend:
· The Cowes-Torquay-Cowes race on Friday 24 August, and
· The Cowes 100 race on Sunday 26 August
2. As you are aware, the CTC event is already part of the RYA Marathon Championship series. The RYA has also confirmed that the Cowes 100 race (Cowes to Portland and back) will be added to this series.
3. We are hoping to have the CTC race start just off Cowes. This is still in the planning stage but as the event will be held on Friday, rather than Sunday, this could play an important part in the final decision.
4. The Cowes 100 start on Sunday morning, will be off North Head (as in 2010 and 2011).
5. Scrutineering for CTC will take place on 22 and 23 August; drivers’ briefing will take place at 17.30 hrs on Thursday 23 August. Drivers’ briefing for the Cowes 100 will take place at 17.30 hrs on Saturday 25 August.
British Club Class Championship
6. The Cowes-Poole-Cowes ‘club’ race will take place on Sunday 26 August, starting off North Head (as in 2010 and 2011).
7. The RYA has confirmed that the Cowes-Poole-Cowes race will be added to the British Club Class Championship series.
8. Scrutineering for the CPC will take place on 24 and 25 August; drivers’ briefing will take place at 17.30 hrs on Saturday 25 August.
Appeal for Safety Boats
9. In order to get this race approved, we need a large fleet of safety boats. If you can help I would, of course, be delighted to hear from.
Cowes Classic Powerboat Event 2012
Mobile: +44 7973 17 87 38
Address: Lake Farm, 147 Lake Road, Poole, Dorset BH15 4LQ